Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Are You Passionate?


    For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord. How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you?  Night and day we pray most earnestly that we may see you again and supply what is lacking in your faith.
Now may our God and Father himself and our Lord Jesus clear the way for us to come to you.  May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you." 
1 Thessalonians 3:8-12

As I am reading in 1 Thessalonians 3 today, I am struck at Paul’s passion for the Thessalonians and his heart’s desire for them to stand firm in the faith. 
He has a deep yearning and a sense of desperation to see them again as well as encourage them to love one another. 
His passion for the Lord and his fellow believers is undeniable.
 I have to stop and ask myself...
 How passionate am I for my people? 
Am I desperate to see them again and to encourage them in their faith? 
 
My initial answer would be absolutely.  However, as I truly dwell on this, I realize how my passion can be lazy and lukewarm at times. 
As I pondered my lesson in Children of the Day, one of the things that stood out to me was my need and desire to be more diligent. 
It is not coincidental that I truly have to search my soul for an honest answer to the above question. 
 I do long to be more diligent and intentional with the time the Lord has allowed me on this earth.  I have many people in my life who don’t know Jesus. 
Oh, how I yearn for them to fall crazy in love with him. 
I know many of you love Jesus, too.  I earnestly pray you will stand firm in the faith. 
Women’s Leadership Team is so privileged to serve and represent women at Westwood.  We do have an opportunity to pray earnestly for each one of you. 
We pray for you by name because we sincerely love you.  It is our deep desire for you to stand firm in the faith. 
Paul inspires me to pray more and love bigger.  I believe this is a challenge to stretch and grow me in becoming more intentional in earnest passion and encouragement toward my sisters in the faith. 
What an amazing example given to us right in the pages of God’s great instruction! 
This truth encourages me to keep digging into God’s Word daily.  The more time I spend in his word and in prayer, the more passion I will have for Him and others.
What helps you stay passionate for your people and to be an encouragement to them when life is so full? 
If you have suggestions, please post and encourage each of us. 
I look forward to your comments.

In Christ,
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Such a great reminder! People and their relationships with Christ are so much more important than anything else on this earth. How easily we forget and get distracted.

    ReplyDelete